Senior SQL Server Database Engineer
Senior Database Software Engineer
This is a senior level positionand the candidate is expected to be an expert in SQL Development, Business intelligence tools like SSIS, SSRS and very knowledgeable with SQL Server administration. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills andwill be responsible for working on multiple, concurrent projects setting up SQL Server environments and utilizing SQL Server Development, SSIS and SSRS. Excellent technical skills, as well as attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines along with the ability to effectively translate customer needs into technical solutions, are keys to success in this role.
The selected candidate will contribute throughout the data management lifecycle process areas such as data intake, management, manipulation, and analysis of data.
- Proficiency in SQL Server is a MUST, with good understanding of database design and development.
- Experience with very large databases and/or data warehousing.
- Develop and maintain SSIS packages using SQL Server 2016 to integrate with other SQL Servers, Oracle, Hadoop systems, flat files, and non-SQL data sources.
- Familiarity with RDBMS principles, database design and normalization.
- Understanding of index design and performance-tuning techniques.
- Understanding of the full development life cycle, development methodologies, and version control. Develop and maintain tables, indexes, stored procedures, views, triggers and other objects utilizing the latest DML and DDL syntax.
- Work with the application developer to identify and address performance problems.
- Provide support for testing effort, including:
- Developing scripts to load test data
- Providing scripts / tools to help automate testing
- Archiving test data
- Adhere to standards for all databases, e.g.,
- Data models
- Data architecture
- Naming conventions
- Manage the lifecycle of physical data models and data maps for data warehouse system.
- Experience with "Fuzzy" matching techniques.
- Confer with end-users, peers or senior management to define business requirements.
- Work with business analysts to translate client requirements into development projects.
- Day to day support activities, resolve system bugs, assist business staff with questions, investigate issues.
- Research, relate and recommend technical solutions and relevant software application tools, utilities, environments and languages.
- Fully document all processes that are being created.
- 8+ years SQL server experience working with SQL Server 2008 R2 through 2016
- Excellent T-SQL coding skills using advanced techniques
- Strong written, verbal, and graphical communications skills with the ability to express complex technical concepts effectively
- Ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Ability to work both independently and with minimal guidance, as well as with a team
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer