Automotive Local Sales Manager
Responsible for providing leadership and direction to the Advertising Sales Business Development eam and related personnel in other functional areas in the areas of business development, sales strategy, functional strategy, and operational procedures. Oversees operations to ensure overall sales volumes increase through business development. Creates ad sales business development goals and strategies. Performs budgeting tasks. Works in conjunction with other sales and business development management personnel to coordinate efforts in maximizing both regional and national
- Ensures overall ad sales volume increase through business development activity, identifying new opportunities in the market and converting them into actionable department strategies.
- Develops Ad Sales Business Development goals and objectives, ensuring goals and objectives are met through monitoring department and individual work performance.
- Performs budgeting responsibilities that may include developing the budget and monitoring department spending.
- Provides product and technical expertise to assist teams and personnel in developing strategies to increase ad sales volume. Consults with management and clients on an as-needed basis to develop advertising packages to fit a client's needs and challenges.
- Keeps abreast of current television and cable programming and their respective ratings performance.
- Monitors the market as well competitors' new or changing product and service offerings.
- Provides access to training and development programs, classes, and conferences.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
-Establish automotive sales strategy for local sales team
-Must have direct experience with automotive dealers and knowledge of the industry
- Expertise in automotive/advertising/consumer research tools and digital automotive advertising products preferred
-Ability to establish strong relationships with automotive dealers and advertising agency contacts
-Directly supervise a team of automotive account executives and support personnel
-Direct the automotive sales activities of the entire local sales force
-Develop the sales team's overall competency in automotive dealer sales through training and coaching
-Collaborate with the local sales leadership team, regional/national sales leadership and Division leadership to drive results
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 7+ years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer