Job Title: Senior Oracle Database Engineer -– E4
•& & & & & & & & & & Oracle 11g / 12c OCP certification preferred.
Education Qualification & Work Experience Criteria:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Computer Science or IT or equivalent technical discipline)
- Minimum 8 Years of experience in an IT or product development or telecom or equivalent work environment.
Role and Responsibilities:
- This position is accountable for building, managing, operating, and continuously improving Database and Tools Infrastructure that support Comcast's customer facing applications, back-office, and provisioning infrastructure in a 7*24 environment.
- Examples of infrastructure include, but are not limited to large-scale server complexes, multi-terabyte DBs, multi petabyte SANS, and developing/supporting enterprise class management and monitoring tools.
- Positions focus on architecting, building, deploying and stabilizing code, services, systems, tools; driving standardization and service focused instrumentation; provides subject matter expertise; resolving break/fix scenarios, engaging broader teams as necessary; and partnering/leading vendors and regions to achieve continuous improvement.
- Contributes to command and control related activities focused on restoration of complex outages, communication across Comcast, and rapid restoration.
- Works and directly leads external vendors, 3rd parties, and associated agencies when necessary to address issues across the infrastructure.&
- Takes lead on issue resolution activities, using knowledge of complex and company-wide systems.
- This position requires a master level knowledge of Oracle RDBMS.&
- Master understanding of database concepts, availability, performance, usage and configuration.
- Ability to setup, troubleshoot and tune complex standard and non-standard replication.
- Uses knowledge of existing database platforms to evaluate and recommend new technologies.
- Uses database knowledge to solve issues on unfamiliar products.
- Creates and maintain database policies, standards and overall documentation including availability, replication, availability, and backup & recovery policy, service level agreement, baseline architecture, change management, access to production, unsupported HW/SW, security & audit violations and risk acceptance.
- Knowledge and experience with relational DBMS concepts, design, architecture, operations and systems.
- Experience to include, installation, performance tuning, database monitoring, database backup/recovery, capacity management, high availability and replication.
- Experience overseeing technical details of project from inception to launch, delegates to other technical resources while setting direction.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize with little to no supervision, providing team leadership skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly driven, highly involved, highly proactive
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.& Must be able to support 24x7 on-call rotation.
- 8+ years’ experience with Oracle RDBMS to include Oracle 11gR2
- 8+ years Oracle RAC, Oracle DataGuard, ASM, Oracle Enterprise Manager, RMAN, Linux/Unix experience
- 1-3+ years hands on experience with Oracle Golden Gate in a production environment, with direct experience in installation, setup, modification and troubleshooting
- 1+ year installing, automating, scaling and supporting NoSQL databases such as Couchbase, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Cassandra, Hadoop, among other emerging technologies.
& & & & & & & & & & & & & & The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
& Comcast NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity, Veterans, Disabled and LGBT employer&