Sr. Software Engineer - Java
Metadata Senior Software Engineer
The CoMPASS (Comcast Metadata Products and Search Services) team is building a world-class API platform for delivering entertainment metadata to Comcast's array of new television, web, and mobile products. We are looking for talented software engineers who want to work on a sophisticated system to join our awesome team in downtown Philadelphia.
The Position:Senior Software Engineer
The software engineer on our team is involved in many phases of the development cycle, from requirements gathering to implementation, test, and deployment. You are the kind of person who can understand a sometimes open-ended product description and translate it into great code.
We are primarily building backend web services that are used for ingesting, synthesizing, and delivering large amounts of data to our clients. As such they need to be highly scalable and reliable.
If you think you have what it takes please contact us!
- Superior knowledge of Object Oriented design and patterns
- Proficiency with Java
- Exceptional communication skills: verbal, written, listening
- UNIX, Linux, or Mac background
- Understanding of or desire to learn Java code / JVM performance tuning
- Knowledge of SQL and/or NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB)
- Experience with HTTP/REST and writing web services
- Experience with systems monitoring (e.g. Grafana, Splunk Dashboard/Alerting)
- Familiarity with a scripting language
- Experience with data modeling in the entertainment domain
- Familiarity with current trends and technologies around the social web
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 7+ yearsrelated experience
Military Experience Valued
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer