Sr Manager, Communications, T+P
At Comcast, we are passionate about making the customer experience our best product. The T+P (Technology + Product) organization acts as the engine for innovation, development and execution and touches nearly every part of the customer's experience with us from developing and delivering our XFINITY products and services, to enabling over 300 million daily customer interactions, to dispatching the field technicians to people's homes and places of business, to measuring customer loyalty and satisfaction. The T+P Communications team delivers business-critical and business-as-usual communications to ensure that all T+P employees and key stakeholders understand and engage in achieving T+P's goals.
We are seeking a Senior Manager of Communications, who will join the T+P Communications team and help lead our communications efforts with visible impact. This individual will be responsible for developing and executing strategic, operational, and technical employee communications and engagement activities, with a substantial focus on those related to the Systems Engineering (SE) and enterprise wide Information Technology (IT) organizations. This person will report to the Senior Director, T+P Communications.
The Senior Manager of Communications will partner with senior executives and leaders within the SE/IT organizations, as well as communicators company-wide, to drive and integrate communications strategies across the business. He/she will be a key contributor in a fast-paced, complex and constantly changing environment. He/she will lead teams or projects, leveraging communications expertise or collaborate with cross-functional teams established to implement major, new initiatives.
- Liaises with SE/IT leaders, product owners, project managers, and subject matter experts to proactively integrate communication planning within project planning.
- Assesses SE/IT projects to vet employee and stakeholder impact and plan appropriate communications.
- Develops and executes strategic employee communications and engagement plans designed to support key business objectives, long-term goals, and projects related to the SE/IT organization.
- Writes, edits, reviews, and distributes highly technical content that has behind-the-scenes impact to direct impact on employees throughout the enterprise, such as launches of, and updates to, on premise software, applications, and processes to cloud-based applications and processes.
- Provides communications support to key senior executives within the SE/IT organization, including the CIO (e.g., communications around key initiatives, high level organization announcements, speaking engagements and other communications needs).
- Partners with HR, communications leads and other key stakeholders to ensure alignment across the company and the timely and effective dissemination of messaging and materials to employees.
- Sits on appropriate leadership teams within SE/IT and works closely with the VP of Workplace Technology & People Experience.
- Coordinates with appropriate communications counterparts to ensure proper calibration of communications to employees (avoiding collisions, etc.).
- Provides guidance and leadership within teams or projects/initiatives as needed; leads teams and projects that involve cross-functional partners as necessary.
- Manages consultants/contracted resources as needed, including creative agencies, event planning firms, graphic designers, etc.
- Keeps communications fresh, creative, and engaging; regularly develops and explores new ideas and strategies, such as social forums and platforms.
- Ensures proper post-project analysis and "continuous improvement" approach, with a keen eye for metrics and communications effectiveness.
- Consistently exercises independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent; business, communications, or journalism preferred.
- Generally requires 8+ years related experience, preferably relevant internal operational communications experience.
- Ability to write quickly and clearly; distilling complex concepts into key messages is critical in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective partnerships across the organization at all levels.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experienced user of MS Word.
- Knowledge of PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Excel, and experience with online content management and publishing systems a plus.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer