Sr Director, Communications, T+P
At Comcast, we are passionate about making the customer experience our best product. The T+P (Technology + Product) organization acts as the engine for innovation, development and execution and touches nearly every part of the customer's experience with us from developing and delivering our XFINITY products and services, to enabling over 300 million daily customer interactions, to dispatching the field technicians to people's homes and places of business, to measuring customer loyalty and satisfaction. The T+P Communications team supports the senior executives and employees responsible for delivering all of this exciting work by providing business-critical and business-as-usual communications designed to educate, engage and inspire employees and other key stakeholders about the organization's key goals.
We are seeking a Senior Director of Communications who will join the T+P Communications team and help lead our communications efforts. This individual will be responsible for developing and executing Employee Communications and Engagement activities in support of strategic business priorities, specifically those related to the Systems Engineering/IT and Product and Information Security teams, as well as the Product team and Strategic Infrastructure team. This person will report to the Vice President, T+P Communications, and will have responsibility for managing one direct report and several contractors.
The Senior Director of Communications will partner with senior executives and leaders within the Systems Engineering/IT, Product and Information Security, Product and Strategic Infrastructure organizations, as well as Communicators company-wide, to drive and integrate communications strategies across the business. He/she will be a key contributor in a fast-paced, complex and constantly changing environment. He/she will lead teams or projects, leveraging communications expertise or be part of cross-functional teams established to implement major, new initiatives.
In support of the Product and Information Security, Product and Strategic Infrastructure organizations:
- Develops and executes strategic employee communications and engagement plans designed to support key business objectives, long-term goals, and projects related to those organizations, working closely with the partners throughout T+P, as well as the appropriate communications partners on the Corporate Communications team.
- Provides communications support to key senior executives within those organizations, including communications around key initiatives, high level organization announcements, speaking engagements and other communications needs.
- Partners with HR and other key stakeholders to ensure alignment across the company and the timely and effective dissemination of messaging and materials to employees, including reinforcement of T+P and Corporate HR messaging.
- Owns Cyber Security communications (proactive and reactive/crisis communications), in partnership with members of Corporate and Product/Information Security teams.
- Looks for opportunities to amplify progress being made within the Product area, working closely with the Product Fluency team and Product Comms partners within the Corporate Communications team.
- Acts as primary communications contact for CIEC (Comcast India Engineering Center)
- Oversees strategic and tactical communications activities of Senior Manager, SE/IT; also oversees activities of Communications Contractor.
- Provides guidance and leadership within teams or projects/initiatives as needed; leads teams and projects that involve cross-functional partners as necessary.
- Manages consultants/contracted resources as needed, including creative agencies, event planning firms, graphic designers, etc.
- Keeps communications fresh, creative, and engaging; regularly develops and explores new ideas and strategies, such as social forums and platforms.
- Ensures proper post-project analysis and "continuous improvement" approach, with a keen eye for metrics and communications effectiveness.
- Consistently exercises independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent; business, communications, or journalism preferred.
- Generally requires 13+ years related experience, preferably relevant internal or operational communications experience.
- Ability to write quickly; distilling complex concepts into key messages is critical in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective partnerships across the organization at all levels.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management skills.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer