ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
FreeWheel is hiring a System Administrator (Production Operations Engineer) based in our New York office who will report to the Operations Manager. The ideal candidate works closely with the NOC, DBA's, Networking, Technical support and QA teams to support our global Supply Side Platform (SSP) products. The candidate understands systems automation, software deployment, applications monitoring and infrastructure scaling. The Systems Administrator is deeply familiar with a variety of tech stacks including Linux based Operating Systems, Containers, Virtualization, DNS, configuration management, Private/Public Cloud infrastructure, Load Balancers, RDBMS, NoSQL, Log collections; and is able to develop, set up, configure, and use various tools.
The Systems Administrator will monitor, manage and deploy software components. He/She will plan and execute infrastructure capacity (to account for growth), optimize and monitor servers in pre-production & production, of which he/she will ensure availability, backups, updates and security. On-call time is part of the job.The Systems Administrator will participate in the technological watch, creation and evolution of processes to automate and industrialize deployments in pre-production & production regions. He/She will also partake in the application of patches, server installations, etc. and participate in continuous updates to documentation (Git, Wiki). He/She will consistently practice risk management in all aspects of work, taking Infosec very seriously and will consistently demonstrate skill and experience in managing production to ensure application health. He/She will take quality very seriously and work to quantify and evaluate new ways of measuring quality to ensure systems and application uptime and a positive user experience.
- Manage software releases and ensure application high availability.
- Identify trending gaps and issues in day-to-day performance of systems and applications
- Ensure SLA by active monitoring, alert management, reporting, and process reviews.
- Automate configuration management using DevOPS tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef or SaltStack.
- Troubleshoot infrastructure and application related issues.
- Participate in change management and document best practices.
- Have 5 years of experience in systems administration, SRE or DevOPS.
- Hands-on technical, analytical, interpersonal skills required along with understanding of DevOPS concepts and software deployment automation.
- Strong in Linux, Nginx, Apache and Shell scripting.
- Experience with monitoring systems such as Splunk, ELK and Nagios.
- Experience with SaltStack, Chef, Puppet or Ansible.
- Experience with docker container, Kubernetes and related technology a plus.
- Experience with Firewall, Load Balancers, Network sniffer, LDAP a plus.
- Experience with virtualization technology, familiar with private and public cloud setup a plus.
- Experience in Python programing a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with Cassandra/MongoDB/MySQL database a plus.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer