Principal Engineer - Cloud Governance- Azure
PrincipalEngineer Cloud Governance- Azure
Billions of requests. Millions of Customers. Comcast designs, builds and operates applications at scale that have a tangible impact on our customer's lives. The Technology and Product team is working to deliver the next generation of applications to our users. We want to build things our customers will love.
We are seeking a Principal
Engineer for our Service Reliability Engineering (SREs) team focused on automating governance policies in our cloud environments. This engineer will be focused on writing code that allows us to provide a self-service governance framework that reduces risk for the company without forcing our application teams to wait on tickets to get their jobs done. This is a cross-functional effort that involves engineers from multiple teams-communication and collaboration skills are just as important as technical skills.
We are very interested in attracting a diverse range of candidates from different backgrounds. If you aren't sure if you qualify, please err on the side of applying.
- Contribute code to continue building the governance framework across our cloud environments (both public and private) with an emphasis on Azure
- Provide expertise on the tools within cloud environments that are integral to the creation of the governance framework (e.g. Azure AD)
- Collaborate with team members to accomplish sprint goals by actively participating in the sprint cycle, in code reviews, and in helping to build a learning organization.
- Work with stakeholders from both our application teams as well as our security partners to provide solutions that meet governance requirements while minimizing impact on developer productivity
- Work with management to build the long-term strategic roadmap for the team, and provide mentorship to junior team members.
- Influence cultural changes based on strategic initiatives
- 2+ years developing solutions on public and/or private cloud platforms with an emphasis towards governance/security tools and solutions
- 10+ years of development experience, with the majority in an agile environment (familiarity with PowerShell and Python a plus)
- Experience with modern source control repositories (e.g. Git) and CI/CD toolsets.
- Experience working on projects relating to large-scale, highly available customer-facing products and services.
- Familiarity with cloud-native and microservice architectures and an understanding of design principles for scalability, performance, and reliability
- Familiarity with distributed systems, asynchronous messaging, and networking protocols
- Experience with several open source applications, frameworks, and libraries
Comcast is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug-free workplace employer
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer