Eng 2, Prodt Dev Engineering
Engineer2 Cloud Governance
Billions of requests. Millions of Customers. Comcast designs, builds and operates applications at scale that have a tangible impact on our customer's lives. The Technology and Product team is working to deliver the next generation of applications to our users. We want to build things our customers will love.
We are seeking a Engineer 2 for our Service Reliability Engineering (SREs) team focused on automating governance policies in our cloud environments. This engineer will be focused on writing code that allows us to provide a self-service governance framework that reduces risk for the company without forcing our application teams to wait on tickets to get their jobs done. This is a cross-functional effort that involves engineers from multiple teams-communication and collaboration skills are just as important as technical skills.
We are very interested in attracting a diverse range of candidates from different backgrounds. If you aren't sure if you qualify, please err on the side of applying.
- Contribute code to continue building the governance framework across our cloud environments (both public and private).
- Become familiar with cloud that are integral to the creation of the governance framework (e.g. AWS IAM)
- Collaborate with team members to accomplish sprint goals by actively participating in the sprint cycle, in code reviews, and in helping to build a learning organization.
- 1+ years of experience using public cloud environments (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- 1+ years of development experience, with the majority in an agile environment (familiarity with Python a plus)
- Experience with source control repositories (e.g. Git) and CI/CD toolsets.
- Familiarity with cloud-native and microservice architectures and an understanding of design principles for scalability, performance, and reliability
- Understanding of distributed systems, asynchronous messaging, and networking protocols
- Experience with open source applications, frameworks, and libraries
Comcast is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug-free workplace employer
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer