Eng 3,Prodt Dev Engineering
Responsible for assisting in the design of system architectures and
solutions to bring to market new innovative products which span web
service offerings. Assists in the planning, designing, integrating,
testing, deploying and supporting of products. Helps with testing and
operational activities. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in
own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as
resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Supports the architecture, design, development, qualification and
deployment of applications consistent with product and technical
- Works with engineering project management and principle engineers to
deliver applications that meet or exceed product requirements, project
schedules and reliability.
- Develops and applies performance and bandwidth models for interactive
applications to document network impacts.
- Works with the product development and operations teams to define
technical requirements to accompany existing product and operation
requirements. Designs and develops use cases in support of the technical
requirements. Transforms technical requirements into architectures.
- Defines and documents a detailed design to meet technical requirements
- Assists in vendor technical selection and management including input
to specifications and vendor evaluation. Interfaces with outside teams
in the development of internal and third party software to support the
- Interfaces with Company test teams to validate Company test plans and
procedures are representative of fully exercising and validating the
product features and capabilities.
- Works closely with development, integration and test teams to ensure
product quality. Prepares deliverables for trial and market readiness.
- Drives the continuous improvement of deployed systems by consistently
looking for ways to reduce costs and improve efficiency.
- Supports operations by providing deployment and sustained engineering
support for all responsible systems and technologies. Diagnoses and
resolves escalated field issues.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer