Java Software Developer
Comcast Interactive Media (CIM) is seeking a Software Developer to join our Engineering team. This group is responsible for ensuring the timely development, testing, and release of the Digital Home platform, middleware and mobile applications with a high degree of quality that exceeds customer expectations.
In this role you will collaborate with other developers, designers, testers, tech-operators and business managers to develop features for the Xfinity Digital Home applications. The primary responsibilities will include developing client interfaces and middleware for the Xfinity Digital Home platform. You must be able to pick up new languages and technologies quickly, be a strong team player, and rapidly adapt to changing business and customer demands. The ideal candidate will have experience building and testing both APIs and either web or mobile client applications. Job duties include a balance between development and fast-paced critical thinking, communication, troubleshooting and problem solving.
- 3+ years experience building Java-based web sites, web applications and/or middleware services
- Knowledge in several of: Java, Scala, Go
- Experience building and/or using RESTful web services
- Experience in caching especially in HTTP compliant caches
- Fundamental understanding of the HTTP protocol
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS:
- Knowledge in several of: Amazon Web Services, Azure, Cassandra, Apache Storm, Spring
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
- Knowledge of source control systems (Git)
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Deployment tools (Jenkins)
- Experience with automated unit/integration testing
- Familiarity with cloud computing (S3, SQS, Hadoop...)
- UNIX background (Solaris/Linux)
- DevOps experience
CIM Engineers are passionate about teamwork, developing our skills, and creating awesome experiences for customers. We are fortunate to do what we love, every day. Join us!
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer