Engineer 5 - Browser Development - CPE
Technology (Technology - IT)
Job Title : Browser Developer E 4
Education Qualification & Work Experience Criteria:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Computer Science or IT or equivalent technical discipline), Master's Degree a plus.
- Minimum 8 Years of experience in a IT or product development or telecom or equivalent work environment.
Comcast is looking for a talented and dedicated software engineer to develop and maintain it's Xfinity X1 browser software. Comcast's X1 platform builds heavily on open source software and cloud infrastructure to deliver a best in class user experience for both video and broadband products.
Role and Responsibilities:
- The Browser Development Engineer will provide technical leadership and will actively contribute to the design, development, integration, test, documentation and support of browser-related technologies.
- This hands-on position requires broad engineering competency and in-depth technical knowledge of browser-related technologies.
- The position would also require a demonstrated experience in successful planning, organizing and executing software development projects in a dynamic environment.
Key requirements and 8+ years of experience include:
- Candidate should have Strong experience in C++
- Candidate should have Strong experience Portable C++ Development & Linux.
- Candidate must have worked in Sockets Programming
- Knowledge of Webkit or Chromium Internals (or other browser)
- Strong Analytical, Debugging and Troubleshooting Skills.
- Proven Technical Leadership experience.
- Experience in the following areas would also be advantageous:
- HTML5 Video
- Using OpenGL / DirectFB for 2D graphics
- HLS / DASH
Comcast NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity, Veterans, Disabled and LGBT employer.