Senior Software Engineer, Big Data Operations
Freewheel is seeking a Senior SDE, Operations to build and support the next generation Data Platform. This candidate would be responsible for planning, leading and collaborating with various teams in designing and presenting the architecture related to Data work. Aside from the technical aspect, the ideal candidate is someone who is self-motivated, reliable and a fun addition to the team.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Maintain and develop tools for software release, monitor, data analysis, data/file syncing, source code stats and application management (Big Data) running on AWS
- Manage/Deploy/Monitor applications wrapped in containers and Kerbernetes;
- Measure, evaluate and tune system/application performance via solid data analysis
- Refine and work on automation tools with Jenkins, Salt, puppet, fabric, etc
- Could adapt quickly and become guru for administrating JIRA/Confluence/Git based systems
- Work on internal incubated projects and prove ideas by quickly showing the usable code
- Work on architectural refactoring projects for FreeWheel applications
- Required to work on some weekends and be part of "on call" schedule to support a 24X7 Video Adserving Network
Job Requirements / Skills:
- 5+ years working experience and 1+ years in Hadoop technology.
- Hands-on experience in operations of Hadoop based data platform (HDFS, HBase, YARN, Spark, MapReduce, Kafka, Hive).
- Familiar with container tech stack and experienced on kubernetes;
- Strong Shell/Python/Go programming skill; Knowledge on Ruby/Java/C++ is plus
- Expert knowledge in Linux, system programming and system task automation processes.
- Experienced in virtualization techs and works, familiar with private cloud setup
- Strong understanding of best practices for software engineering, system design and scalable fault tolerant web architecture.
- Wide interest and good common sense on web/internet technologies.
- Good written English and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Knowledge and experience on data analysis, MongoDB/MySQL database is a plus.
- Operations background would be a plus.
- Team player, self motivated, quick learner, energetic.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer