Planning & Design Engineer 2
** This posiiton may be located in either Reading, PA or Pittsburgh, PA **
Responsible for the planning and designing of broadband communication
systems. Designs systems and collaborates with vendors to determine
project specifications. Inspects projects periodically to ensure
adherence to project specifications. Prepares and maintains project
documentation. Identifies new service areas and assists in resolving
customer service complaints. Works with moderate supervision/guidance.
- Designs broadband communication systems using various design software
packages. Produces layout designs for coaxial and fiber placement, and
fiber routing and connectivity. Verifies designs are in adherence to
regional hybrid fiber coax (HFC) architecture and design specifications.
- Conducts analysis to determine efficiency, equipment economy, and
systems operation simplicity.
- Collaborates with outside vendors in developing design criteria and
preparing layout and detail drawings. Develops criteria and performance
specifications required to meet unique operating requirements, building
codes, and safety codes.
- Inspects construction and installation to ensure adherence to
established drawings, specifications and schedules.
- Prepares special keys, charts, diagrams, and graphic drawings for use
by other departments. Updates and maintains system maps, keys, and
design files. Tracks and keeps current system spreadsheets and
- Reviews and estimates design costs and generates project packages for
construction including design prints, bill of materials, and materials
and equipment ordering information. Prepares bid sheets and contracts.
- Completes field surveys for identifying new service areas and assists
in the resolution of customer service complaints related to construction
activity. Works with customers and contractors to plan and schedule
work. Provides customer service personnel with periodic progress reports
of service requests.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Computer Science, Engineering
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer